Tuesday 10 March 2015

Weekly Bake...Weetbix Slice

Today was fortunately one of the few days in the past months that I have not been consumed with fatigue and pain, to mark the occasion I decided some afternoon baking was in order.  My poor children have spent the last few months, pretty much consuming an autoimmune protocol paleo diet...so I decided a little sweet treat for afternoon tea would be perfect.  It was super easy, with little clean up (my kind of recipe) and to top it off the kids loved it!


I spotted this recipe for Gluten Free Weetbix Slice on the lovely Leanne's blog Organising the four of us (click link for original recipe).  I made a couple of changes, replacing the rapadura sugar with coconut sugar.

Ingredients
Slice
170g gluten free Weetbix
200g butter (melted)
30g cacao powder (or cocoa)
170g (or less) coconut sugar
40g coconut
1 egg

Icing
1 cup icing sugar (I make mine using milled coconut sugar)
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp soft butter
Boiling water

Instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Crush Weetbix you could do this in a food processor, I just crushed them by hand into a bowl
- Place melted butter into mixing bowl
- Add Weetbix, cocao, rapadura, coconut and egg and mix until combined
- Press into a lined slice tin
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes
- Set aside to cool completely before icing

Chocolate icing
To make the icing, add the icing sugar and cacao powder into a bowl, add the butter, mix adding boiling water, a tablespoon at a time, until the icing in a thick spreadable consistency. Spread the icing onto the cooled slice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment